Sunday, September 22, 2013

Day With the Family:

Today was alot of fun! we all went to church with the family and then after we went to the Lobster House for lunch. Gavin and Ian ran around the table and kept throwing a birthday hat and lays around people at the table, celebrating Uncle Jeremy's early birthday (which is on Friday). after that we went to our house so they could see how it is, and my cousins seemed to love my wall of weapons (they are huge into ninjas and the show Ninjago. Grandma bought them nunchaku, samuri swords, and ninja outfits from the dollar store the other day). i got to show them all what you do with each of the weapon and then let them try the weapons out (with my eye on them all of course). . .  Ian (the oldest) grabs the fans and bo staff, Sawer (the middle one) grabs the kali sticks and foam nunchaku. . .and the youngest named Gavin grabs the real sais and sharp kamas which are the most dangerous other than my 3 section bo  -_- . . .you can imagine how paranoid i was with him and those LOL i tried handing him a fan or foam nunchaku and he shakes his head no and looks upset, so when he held the kamas i told him to have them facing the ground and i "fought" him with kali sticks to keep my eye on him so he didnt hurt himself with them and i made him only hold one sai at a time cause them were so big and heavy. LOL we also had a 3 versus 1 weapons match (me against all of them coming after me with weapons) my personal choice was the bo staff, kali sticks and fans cause it was easier to fend all of them off with two non-sharp weapons so i didnt hurt them ;p after a couple hours of weapons they wanted to have some hand to hand combat (time to take out the sparring gear!) the boys wore Alex and mine sparring gear and we did "point" sparring. they're pretty good, they beat me so many times! i only won 1 match and barely! ;) hehe they are quite the young martial artists, and have alot of skill. i had sooooo much fun with them! it totally made my whole day. i love training, and i loved teaching them some stuff. it was the best night in quite some time for me. . . and it REALLY meant alot to play with them. i really do appreciate it.

grandma with the lays

me with the lays

Ian with the lays

getting ready to watch Empire Strikes Back (a classic)

Sawer being all ninja with my foam nunchaku

Ian being ninja with a bo staff

Sawer, and Gavin. . .with the sharp kamas  O_O   LOL

all of us having weapons fights (safely of course)

Ian and Sawer's sparring match



No comments:

Post a Comment